Monday 13 October 2008

British brilliance

I have been spending a few hours viewing Yahtzee's "zero punctuation reviews" and I am writing in english partly to honor this comedic genius. The other reason to this sudden change in language is that I feel like my english has deteriorated after countless of one minute long conversations in Thailand where single words and hand waving was the only way to make yourself understood. But I digress and return to my praise for Yahtzee.

I stumbled across his reviews by accident while I was sluggishly browsing a gaming forum. The small flash drawn characters (?) piqued my interest so I decided to try one of his reviews out. At first it was horribly hard to understand what he was saying and I found myself trying to zero in on the exact location where Yahtzee's fast rambling went over my head when I was rewinding the video, but I got used to it after a while. The man's cynical sense of humor is nothing short of pure genius shat out of Jesus's ass. It had to come straight out of this seemingly perfect man's ass since it's sometimes really dirty. Which is more than welcome.

I can't think of a single review that doesn't contain the word "cock" and even though he likes a game he still finds a hilarious way to describe his feelings for the negative aspects of the game. He's at his best when he directs his rambling at the negative parts, and there's even a video where the man sacrifices some of his invaluable time to answer a few angry emails regarding his reviews. Priceless.

URL to his reviews: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
His web page: http://www.fullyramblomatic.com


Sample

No comments: